Released May, 2009
The Pros:Easy to install, comes with batteries for the remote and composite cables (no HDMI cable). WiFi setup is easy, longest part is entering your password. Startup is fairly quick, only a few seconds wait.
The Cons:Doesn't support online streaming services such as Netflix or YouTube.
The Sony BDP-S560 is a high-end Blu-Ray player designed to provide a more enhanced high-definition experience. The BDP-S560 features full 1080p video output of Blu-Ray discs, DVD's, Audio CD's and AVCHD format discs.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The S560 player also features standard DVD upconversion through HDMI to enhance the quality of older DVD movies for viewing on an HDTV. BD Live technology supports ensures media content will always be up to date and allows users the chance to browse bonus and additional content which can be download to a USB media drive. The Sony BDP-S560 also includes full HD audio support through 7.1 Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD internal audio decoding; the output is sent via HDMI.
The Sony BDP-S560 also includes additional features such as a special 6 second max quick start-up mode, Sony Xcross media bar technology, an active ethernet port for internet connectivity, a built-in USB 2.0 port, Bravia Sync HDMI technology for Sony device compatibility, a 24 frames per second true cinema functionality, and full bonus view support. What separates the BDP-S560 from it's lower-end model the BDP-S360 is the built in wifi support. The S560 includes (8-2.11N/G/B/A) wireless support through an integrated network card; photos can be streamed directly to the device for viewing from a PC or Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) device.
- High-end Blu-Ray player
- Full 1080p video output; BD, DVD's, CD's, AVCHD
- Standard DVD upconversion via HDMI
- BD Live 2.0 support; bonus view support
- Integrated (8-2.11N/G/B/A) wireless network support
- Stream photos from a PC or DLNA device using the built-in wireless adapter
- Full HD quality audio through 7.1 Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD audio decoding
- 6 Second quick start up mode
- Sony Xcross Media bar
- Ethernet port, built-in USB port
- Bravia Sync technology via HDMI
- TrueCinema 24 frames per second
- AVCHD: DVD+R/RW/-R/-RW
- BD-R/RE Read
- BD-ROM; Bonus View(Profile1.1); BD-Live(Profile2.0); BD-ROM (SL/DL)
- CD/ CD-R/ CD-RW
- PhotoTV HD
- Noise Reduction
- x.v.Color technology
- Dolby Digital Plus decoding
- Dolby TrueHD bitstream output
- Dolby TrueHD decoding
- MP3 playback
- dts Decoding
- dts HD bitstream
- dts Output
- Power: 120V 60Hz
- Dimensions: 16.9" x 2.8" x 8.1"
- Weight: 5.1 pounds
- Warranty: Limited 1 year parts/ 1 year labor
- Analog Audio Out: 1 (rear)
- Coaxial Audio Digital Output: 1 (Rear)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Output: 1 (Rear)
- Composite Video Output: 1 (Rear)
- Ethernet Connection : 1 (Rear)
- HDMI™ Connection Output: 1 (Rear)
- Optical Audio Output: 1 (Rear)
- S-Video Output: 1 (Rear)
User Reviews (1)
easy to install, comes with batteries for the remote and composite cables (no HDMI cable)
WiFi setup is easy, longest part is entering your password
startup is fairly quick, only a few seconds wait
image quality is sharp and detailed, no blurring or skipped/distorted frames
onscreen menu is well rendered and easy to navigate
remote is comfortable to work with, well laid out
doesn't support online streaming services such as Netflix or YouTube
You may also like...